If you own a new Android device and need to transfer contacts between your old Android device and a new Android phone, it can be accomplished by following the instructions below.
- From the Home screen, navigate to: Google Folder > Drive Apps icon.
- If the Google folder is not visible, tap the Apps icon, then tap the Google folder.
- If asked, enter your PIN, password or pattern.
- From the My Drive main screen, tap the Menu icon (located in the upper-left).
- Tap Settings.
- Under the Google Photos section, tap the Auto Add switch to turn on to allow photos to be backed up and restored.
- Under the "Auto Backup for apps" section, tap Backup and reset.
- Confirm "Back up my data" and the "Automatic Restore" switch are turned on. If "Back up my data" is turned off, tap on it and then tap the switch to on.
- Verify the account listed is the Google account associated with both devices. If the account needs to be changed, tap Backup Account then tap or add the correct Google account name used with both devices.
- Tap the Home button to return to the main screen.
- Navigate: Apps > Settings > Accounts > Google > Default Google Account.
- Tap the switches to turn on all of the options you want backed up (e.g., Calendar, Contacts, etc.).
- Tap the Menu icon (located in the upper-right corner).
- Tap Sync Now.
Repeat the above process on your new device and the content becomes available on the new device.