When switching from android to apple, it has never been as easy as it is now. It used to be really hard to get all of your apps, contacts, photos, music etc off your android phone when switching to the iPhone. However, now it is a very simple process.
Apple recently released an Apple app on the Google Play Store called Move to iOS. The app is free and allows you to transfer most everything from your device. The basic way to do this is to backup either device to either iCloud or desktop. And then backup the new device with either or. But this newly released app does this all for you safely.
This app is supported when using Move to iOS with a device running iOS 9.3 and later. The app even transfers web page bookmarks, calendars, wallpapers and even suggests you download apps that are in both the Apple Store and Google Play Store. This makes the switch process even easier between both different phones.
Transferring All Data with Move iOS App
- Make sure wifi is connected on both devices.
- When setting up your iPhone or iPad, go through the steps until you reach the screen titled Apps and Data.
- There will be 4 options, select Move Data from Android.
- Now on your Android device, open Google Play and search/install Move to iOS app.
- After the app is installed, open the app.
- Select continue on both phones/tablets.
- Now, click Agree and Next on your Android.
- A 12 digit code will pop up on your iPhone.
- Enter this code on your Android device.
- After entering the code, your Android will sync with your iPhone and decide which data will be transferred between devices.
- It will ask you whether or not you'd like to transfer your Google account details. This will make it easier get everything on your iPhone. You can select which things you'd like to transfer.
- Make sure you don't turn your devices off during the transfer.
- After the transfer is finished, select Continue Setting Up iPhone and then log into your existing or new Apple ID. You'll also need to log into the Google account you used with your Android to transfer your data.
Transferring Contacts with Google the Old Way
- Before doing anything, you need to have backed up your Android phone. Go to Settings on your Android phone and select Accounts and Sync. Next, enter your Gmail account information and enable synchronisation. Your phone contacts and Google Contacts will now sync. Now, go to your new iPhone. Select Settings and scroll down till you see Mail, Contacts, Calendars. Select Mail, Contacts, Calendars and add your Gmail account. Make sure Contacts are allowed to be synced with the account. Your Gmail account will now be synced onto your new iPhone.
- You could also save all of your contacts on the Android to the SIM. Next, insert the SIM into your iPhone. If the SIM doesn't fit, you can always cut it down but only do so as a last resort. If SIM gets messed up in this process, then your contacts will be gone from the SIM. Now take out the iPhone SIM and carefully set it on a flat surface. Last step, on your iPhone, select settings, scroll down and then click Mail, Contacts, Calendars and choose Import SIM Contacts.