Switching to Verizon is relatively straightforward. If you are bringing your own device you are taking the Bring Your Own (BYO) route. The only way you can switch to Verizon and bring your phone is if you have a compatible device.
When switching carriers with Verizon, your device needs to be unlocked and it needs to have previously run off the CDMA software technology that is compatible with Verizon.
To make sure your device is unlocked and you owe no money on your phone, you will need to contact Verizon to discuss all details of your current or previous contract.
How To Guide: BYO Verizon
- Make sure your device is unlocked!
- Check device eligibility with Verizon BYO Phone eligibility
- Once you've confirmed with Verizon (either on their website or in-store) then you are ready to switch
- Choose the right Verizon plan - Verizon wireless plans
- Choose a plan that best fits your cellular needs
- Activate your device onto the Verizon network
Here are all of your options when taking the unlocked CDMA BYO route. If your device is compatible with Verizon, it will also be compatible with these carriers.