Switching to T-Mobile BYO is relatively straightforward, as long as you have a compatible phone.
When switching carriers to T-Mobile, your device needs to be unlocked and it needs to have previously run off the GSM software technology that is compatible with T-Mobile.
Make sure your device is unlocked and you owe no money on your phone - if you aren't sure then you will need to contact your current carrier to confirm.
How to guide: BYO with T-Mobile!
- Make sure your device is unlocked!
- Check phone eligibility with- T-Mobile Bring Your Own Phone Eligibility
- Once you've confirmed with T-Mobile (either on their website or in-store) then you are ready to switch
- Choose the right T-Mobile plan - here is a link to all T-Mobile BYO plans
- Choose a plan that best fits your cellular needs
- Activate your device onto the T-mobile network
We also have an article on our website that details how to switch to T-Mobile. You can click this guide here to help you switch.
T-Mobile offers a promo code to enter at checkout. FREESIM is the promo code!
From the T-Mobile Website: Switch to T-Mobile and keep the number you already have. It's easy to transfer your number(s). If your phone number(s) are eligible for transfer to T-Mobile, you can transfer them in one of two ways:
- Dial 611, or call Customer Care at 1-877-453-1304, when you receive your new T-Mobile phone or SIM card(we recommend this method if you need to use your current phone until your new T-Mobile phone or SIM card arrives).
- Follow the number transfer instructions on the payment page at checkout(we recommend this method if you do not need to use you current phone until your new T-Mobile phone or SIM card arrives). For information on shipping times, see our shipping options.
Reminder:Do NOT cancel your wireless account until your T-Mobile account has been activated.