Switching to AT&T is relatively straightforward, as long as you have a compatible phone. Are you bringing your own device or purchasing a new one?
If bringing your own device, your device needs to be unlocked and it needs to have previously run off the GSM software technology that is compatible with AT&T.
To make sure your device is unlocked and you owe no money on your phone, you will need to contact your current carrier to discuss all details of your current or previous contract.
If you are purchasing your own device, here is the WhistleOut ATT Phone Finder.
How to guide: Switch to AT&T
- Make sure your device is unlocked
- Check phone eligibility with AT&T BYO Phone Eligibility
- If you are purchasing your own device, click the WhistleOut ATT Phone Finder.
- Once you've confirmed compatibility with AT&T (either on their website or in-store) then you are ready to switch
- Choose the right AT&T plan - AT&T wireless plans
- Choose a plan that best fits your cellular needs
- Activate your device onto the AT&T network
Use this Guide for Switching to AT&T for detailed information on switching to AT&T