Switching to Sprint BYO is relatively straightforward, as long as you have a compatible phone.
When switching carriers to Sprint, your device needs to be unlocked and it needs to have previously run off the CDMA software technology that is compatible with Sprint.
Make sure your device is unlocked and you owe no money on your phone - if you aren't sure then you will need to contact your current carrier to confirm.
How to Guide: BYO to Sprint
- Make sure your device is unlocked
- Check phone eligibility with Sprint.com
- Once you've confirmed with Sprint (either on their website or in-store) then you are ready to switch
- Choose the right Sprint plan - here is a link to all Sprint BYO plans
- Choose a plan that best fits your cellular needs
- Activate your device onto the Sprint network
- From Sprints website: Eligible devices include: iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s (Verizon only), iPhone 5c (Verizon only), iPad Air 2, iPad Air (Verizon only), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2 (Verizon only) and iPad Pro. Some devices may be eligible, but could have network band limitations that would result in a subpar experience. Some devices that may not be eligible. Devices must be unlocked domestically by your current carrier before switching. We will not accept lost/stolen devices. Features and network experience may vary based on original device carrier. Restrictions apply.